With this dry weather, many customers are concerned that their aerobic system spray heads may not be working. Here’s a few tips in case you are wondering the same thing!
- Most spray heads spray in the middle of the night, so you may not see them spray. Just because you don’t see them spray doesn’t mean they aren’t working.
- Most systems do not spray every night. The systems will only spray out as much liquid as is being put in.
- If you go on vacation, the system will not spray until your usage returns and you add more wastewater to the system.
- Your grass may be brown partially because of the hot weather and dry season.
- If your alarm is not activated, this is a good sign that your pump is working and your system is spraying out. If your system is not spraying, the pump tank will become overfull and activate the alarm.
If your system has a pump test button, it will not work if there is no water in the tank. Testing (if possible with your system set up) should happen after water is used in the home (not in the morning after the system may have sprayed in the middle of the night). For best testing results, try testing towards the end of the day.
Photo by Max Tcvetkov on Unsplash